Adapted from a recipe I found in the September-November 2008 issue of the Australian/Italian magazine 'italianicious: essence of Italy' magazine. I've not tried this recipe yet: I just discovered this magazine for the first time today. I've posted the recipe here for safe-keeping, so that I remember to try it.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Add olive oil to pan and once it is heated, sauté the onions and garlic until they have softened, then place them in a large ovenproof dish.
- Cut the top and bottom from each of the zucchini, slice them lengthways and place them, slightly overlapping the slices, on top of the onions and garlic; layer the pancetta on top of the zucchini.
- Process the bread, rosemary and grana padano (or parmesan) in a food processor; when combined, sprinkle the mixture over the zucchini and pancetta.
- Drizzle a little oil over the top layer of the dish and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.