From Donna Hay Magazine.
Make and share this Zucchini Puffs With Lemon Aioli recipe from Food.com.
For the puffs
- 3 large zucchini, shaved into ribbons
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, thinly sliced
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- sea salt and black pepper
- vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
For the lemon aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- TO MAKE THE LEMON AIOLI.
- Place egg yolks, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor and process until combined.
- Gradually pour in the oil while the motor is still running and process until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- TO MAKE THE PUFFS.
- Place the zucchini, mint, eggs, flour, salt and pepper in a bowl and stir well to combine.
- Heat 1cm of oil in a large non-stick frypan over medium heat.
- Add about 2 tablespoonfuls of the mixture and shallow-fry in batches for 1-2 minutes each side or until puffed up and golden.
- Serve with lemon aioli.