25 hrs 19 mins
1 hr 19 mins
I found this recipe in the paper, it's a Jeremy Vincent recipe and have just got to try this. A no-cook spread made with zucchini, onions, chives, cream cheese and roasted red capsicums - can be served as a dip or spread with crackers, bread or vegetables . This will be fantastic to use up the zucchini over summer, and will be a big bonus if the family don't know it has zucchini in it. Plan ahead as the spread takes at least four hours, or preferably overnight to refrigerate and set.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a zip-top bag.
- 2Seal and carefully manipulate the bag to mix the contents.
- 3Add grated zucchini to the bag along with the chopped onion.
- 4Seal bag and toss to coat the vegetables with the marinade, re-open the bag and squeeze out all the air and seal again.
- 5Let bag sit for 1 hour to release any excess water.
- 6Line a colander or bowl with cheesecloth. Pour the zucchini into the colander, then bring up the corners of the cheesecloth, and twist to squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- 7Transfer zucchini and onion mix to a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Add a handful of parsley sprigs and fresh chives. Process until smooth. Add cream cheese, extra salt and a generous dash of white pepper. Process again until combined.
- 8Add roasted red capsicums and pulse just until the peppers are reduced to small flecks.
- 9Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zucchini Spread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 50.0
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 252.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: