In Australia, 'slice' describes any food such as a cake or biscuit that is cut into squares in the tin or dish, and lifted out with a knife to serve. The best comparison is to call it a cake or a loaf, but it is definitively a savoury dish to be served with either hot vegetables or salad, or on its own as a snack, perhaps with your favorite sauce.
- Place grated and chopped vegetables into a large basin together with flour and 2/3 cup grated cheese.
- Reserve 1/3 cup for top.
- Beat eggs until frothy with olive oil and add to bowl. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture over bottom of an oven proof dish, sprinkle reserved cheese on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- This slice is delicious served hot and accompanied by salad, or cold with hot vegetables for a snack meal.